As we approach the summer months the last area of the home people tend to consider is their boiler or plumbing systems. After all, many people focus on time spent outside, enjoying the weather or going on holiday.
However, the plumbing of a house can go wrong at the most unexpected of times, often through no fault of your own. That is why it is essential, summer or winter that you know what constitutes an emergency and how you can get the hasty help you need.
Therefore, if you are looking for an emergency plumber Merton service, or are in the London area and think your plumbing is becoming too problematic, here are some top tips to consider:
What could be considered an emergency?
- Leakage from the central heating or water system
- An unusual sound erupting from your boiler
- Heating or hot water failure
- You can smell gas
Ultimately, if you are experiencing issues with your plumbing which are detracting from your everyday life, it needs to be addressed as an emergency. After all, the longer a plumbing issue is left alone, the worse it can get, and this is not desirable.
Some key areas you can keep aware of in regards to plumbing are:
- Know how to shut off the hot water off if absolutely necessary and check the water meter. Typically, water meters are located in an underground hatch outside, near to the street or between properties, usually under a metal lid which is appropriately marked. Under the lid, a rotating valve can be located which can be turned clockwise to shut off the water supply
- Have the details of a high quality plumber to hand