If you are moving house, do not worry.
Perhaps people keep telling you what a stressful experience it is going to be, and how tired it is going to make you. But what if we told you, that it doesn’t have to be this way! If you plant and execute your house move efficiently, it can actually be a pleasant and enjoyable time… From hiring a removals team, to ensure that your children and pets are out of the way on the big day, there’s so many tips available to those looking to move, but today we are going to offer you some sensible packing tips:
- Start packing as early as you can as this is something that often takes a lot longer that people originally think
- Start from the top of your house and work your way down. If you have an attic, of loft space –this is a great place to start
- When packing heavy items, do so in smaller moving boxes as otherwise they may be too heavy to carry comfortably
- Use separate moving boxes for each room, clearly labelling them so that you can take them straight to the correct rooms upon arrival at your new house
- If you are packing any fragile items make sur that they are wrapped in plenty of bubble wrap and that the boxes that they’re in are marked fragile so movers know to take extra care
- Have a dedicated box for all of your important documents and paperwork as it is important to keep these together at all times to avoid losing things